support services and wellness

Community Transportation Resources

Download AHP Transportation Resources

Northwest Pilot Project Transportation Program (a permanent transportation resource)

Transportation is available to senior citizens 60 years or older and persons with disabilities who live in the following zip codes: 97201, 97204, 97205 and 97209, and reside at certain hosing communities. Call (503) 227-5605 or visit Northwest Pilot Project online.

Ride to Care by OHP Health Share

Patients receiving healthcare insurance through the Oregon Health Plan and live in Clackamas, Multnomah or Washington counties will likely be enrolled in Health Share and can request free rides. Call (503) 416-3955 or visit Ride to Care online.

TriMet Lift Paratransit Service

Trimet provides a shared ride public transportation service for people who are unable to use regular buses due to a disability or disabling health condition. You must be a registered, eligible customer to use Lift Service. All rides by advance registration only. Call (503) 962-8000, option 2, or visit TriMet Lift online.

Photo credit: TriMet

Sandy Medical Transportation Resources

Supports patients who live only within the city limits of Sandy, Oregon, to and from medical appointments in Gresham/Portland. Services are offered through the Sandy Senior Center. Call (503) 668-5569 or visit the Sandy Senior Center online.

Komen Treatment Access Program

Eligible patients must be receiving breast diagnostic services, breast cancer treatment or follow-up services including support groups or navigation. Patient must live in Oregon or SW Washington and be at or below 250% of the federal poverty level. Print and fill out the registration form or email

Clackamas County Transportation Services

Patients in Clackamas County may benefit from several programs offering free transportation. Drivers are trained volunteers, and the county reimburses their mileage. Call (503) 655-8208 or visit Clackamas County's website.

Canby Adult Center Transportation

Rides are available to destinations in Clackamas, Multnomah and Washington counties for qualified appointments. Contact the Center to see if your trip qualifies for this program. Five to seven business days' minimum notice is required. Call (503) 266-2970 or visit the Canby Adult Center online.

Road to Recovery

Transportation and lodging resources are available for patients diagnosed with cancer. This is a volunteer-based program and based on local availability. Individuals must be ambulatory or with an individual that can assist them. Long-distance travel programs are also available. Call (800) 227-2345 or learn more online at American Cancer Society.

Ride Connection

Ride Connection and partner agencies provide door-to-door rides for older adults (60+) and people with disabilities. Rides must be scheduled at least four days in advance. Donations appreciated. Call (503) 226-0700 or visit Ride Connection online.