As our courageous physicians and nurses have been working tirelessly around the clock to protect our patients, we have taken proactive steps to protect our communities. Here are a few of the many ways we are protecting you:
- Facility cleansing: We’ve taken extraordinary measure to ensure our rooms, registration areas, waiting rooms and patient care areas are thoroughly sanitized and disinfected, especially in high-touch, high traffic areas such as countertops, seating and handrails.
- Social distancing: Patients are scheduled appropriately to avoid large groups in lobbies. In addition, we have modified our spaces to ensure patients can stand or sit at least six feet apart while waiting in lobbies or registering.
- Visitor restrictions: To protect our patients and staff, we’ve restricted all visitors in our facilities. There are some exceptions such as pediatrics, labor and delivery, a patient who is experiencing end of life or someone who needs assistance.
- Screening prior to entry: In addition to having a single point of entry at our hospitals, we are screening every person for symptoms and risk factors prior to entering our facilities. This does take extra time, but this is for the safety of our patients and our staff.
- Masking policy: We now require all staff and visitors wear a mask when in our hospital or clinics.
- In-house testing: Our facilities offer in-house testing for hospital patients who are vulnerable and show symptoms.
- COVID-19 patients: We have taken extra measures to prevent the transmission of contagious diseases. Any patient experiencing COVID-19-like symptoms is immediately isolated to a private room where our staff takes every precaution.